[TriLUG] TCP connections taking forever to form? [SOLVED]

Brian via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Feb 2 10:30:25 EST 2021

Nevermind, folks.  It was an IPv6 issue.  I finally remembered that IPv6
exists and that Spectrum in my area still does a rubbish job with it.
So I did a couple things:

I tested curl -4 (forcing it to use IPv4) and presto, quick action.
I tested curl -6 (ensuring it used IPv6) and it took forever again.
I started up my Hurricane Electric IPv6 tunnel.
I tested curl -6 again and presto, quick action (a tad slower than -4
but only by a second).

Sheesh!
-B