[TriLUG] IRC Server Change

Jeff Moore via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu May 27 12:44:28 EDT 2021

All,

     We are moving forward with a migration to libera. We have secured the
#trilug channel and user.

     Because of changes in freenode leading to the mass resignation of
staff members[1][2][3], we are migrating the trilug channels out of
freenode and into the new IRC network, libera.chat.

   Projects such as centos[4], fedora[5], and freeipa have done the same.
More projects are announcing migrations by the week.

   If you have used the #trilug IRC channel before, we strongly recommend
you to stop posting on the #trilug channel at freenode, go to
irc.libera.chat and register an account there (you may be able to get
the same username), and access the #trilug channel at libera.chat.
Depending on the software use to access IRC, you may also be able to
connect by clicking on irc://irc.libera.chat/trilug.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to reply to this message.

Jeff,
Vice Chair, TriLUG