[TriLUG] CA Cert Usefulness

Michael Rulison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jul 2 10:15:34 EDT 2021

I just started out to login to CA Cert after a long absence.

I got this message on Firefox:

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead
Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to
www.cacert.org. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal
information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.
What can you do about it?
The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can
do to resolve it.

Q: Is this system of any value for personal signatures to be used for financial and legal documents,
or is it useful only for personal messages?
--

N.B.1: Email <> SMS Txt <> voice mail <> Phone Call | You choose the one you want; I choose how my phone treats it.
N.B.2: Please do not confuse, a short, pointed email with an epic novel.