[TriLUG] Free Fujitsu ScanSnap S510 upright scanner (old)

Ed Blackman via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jul 1 16:43:05 EDT 2021

Fujitsu ScanSnap S510 upright scanner with multidocument feeder, free for anyone willing to take it to keep it out of the recycler.

The document feeder doesn't work reliably for multiple sheets, and it leaves a faint vertical ghost line on scanned images. It's possible that those are related, and could be fixed by someone willing to put in some effort and maybe some money into parts. I wanted a one-touch scanner, so replaced it.

Current versions of Windows don't have drivers that support this scanner. You can get paid drivers for it, though probably not for less than a new scanner. I used it in Linux, which of course continues to work great for what does work (in particular, the one touch scan button never worked).

Email directly if you want it, and we'll work out how to get it to you.

--
Ed Blackman