[TriLUG] Digital Media Management

Alan Porter via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Aug 16 12:00:12 EDT 2021

> I'm trying to figure out a decent set of tools for managing my
> personal
> digital content.

This does not really address your primary concern.  But one thing that
I did to my own digital collection was draw a line between
downloaded/ripped/purchased stuff that I could get elsewhere if
necessary vs our own created content.  That is, I place more emphasis on
our family photos, movies and audio recordings than I do on downloaded
movies or music.

I even store them in different top-level folders, which I call "media"
(my stuff) vs "public" (downloaded or ripped stuff).  That way, I can
have different policies for backups and storage for the two sets of
files.

Alan