[TriLUG] Web Site access testing

Roger W. Broseus via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Aug 17 17:06:27 EDT 2021

Brian,

First, I'm no expert on such problems.

Certainly does sound like a potential network problem to me. But, I was not
clear about your last statement: can you SSH "into" the troublesome location.

I had a seeming network problem and looked for diagnostic tools. The only one
helpful was, sadly a Window$ application: Ping Plotter. A free full, trial
version is available; later, the limited kicks in and is still useful. It
helped narrow down where in the chain the obstruction occurred. The more I
think about it, the more I think the block is on the receiving end.

IF you come across a helpful Linux tool, let us know.

/Roger - in Maryland / NoVaLUGer

--
Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB at bronord.com