[TriLUG] Uninstalling Default python and python3.X from Ubuntu

Matthew Glassman via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Aug 17 20:25:41 EDT 2021

So Ubuntu 18.04 came with Python 2.7.X installed as a default.  I want to
remove it which should be easy enough with apt remove.  However, Python 3.x
was installed from a tarball and used the source code that came with
(./configure, make, make test, install) and I'm wanting to remove it and
start over with no python installed so that I can go back and start fresh.
Is there an app that can do this or would anyone who has had to do this
piecemeal be able to direct me to what directories need to blown away?