[TriLUG] Docker issue

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Sep 16 16:04:53 EDT 2021

Folks,

I am currently starting to work with a Docker "package" from a friend of
mine.

All of the containers appear to rebuild when I do "build --no-cache",
except the DB container.

I also tried "rm db" but that didn't seem to do any more than re-build,
which just seems to reload the SQL scripts.  Unfortunately, MySQL is
complaining ( logs db ) that the ( one of the ) database files is
corrupt.

This, of course, means that none of the other containers, which depend
on the DB, can run.

This is all running in a VM, so I suppose that I could just destroy the
VM and start again from scratch, but I am hoping that there is an easier
way to re-create this DB container.

On the other hand, is there a better way to solve this issue?

Thanks,
Brian