[TriLUG] Docker issue

Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Sep 16 22:31:57 EDT 2021

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 4:15 PM Brian McCullough via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I am currently starting to work with a Docker "package" from a friend of
> mine.
>
> All of the containers appear to rebuild when I do "build --no-cache",
> except the DB container.

      Is the database always created/populated when container is built
or it is stored in a separate volume that is then connected at
runtime?

> I also tried "rm db" but that didn't seem to do any more than re-build,
> which just seems to reload the SQL scripts.  Unfortunately, MySQL is
> complaining ( logs db ) that the ( one of the ) database files is
> corrupt.

      I take that means a DB rebuild relies on these SQL scripts to
populate it. Are said scripts run from a Dockerfile or a script (like
entrypoint)? If I were in your shoes, I would disable the running of
said scripts, then build and run DB container, and then run each SQL
script manually to find out where it goes boink (and figure out if it
is a docker or a script issue).