[TriLUG] expired ca-certificates in firefox

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Oct 3 13:37:41 EDT 2021

On Sun, 3 Oct 2021, Chris Knowles wrote:

> I'm having no trouble accessing sites including trilug.  But I'm fully up
> to date on firefox - 92.0.1 appears to be the latest.  Can you verify that
> you're running that version (or newer, as versions seem to drop all the
> time)
> CJK

Thanks for replying.

no. I've got quite an old firefox - v 45. If firefox needs updating, then
the problem is not the certificates in the OS, but something in firefox.
Does firefox have certificates in it? I couldn't find any pem files in the
firefox directories.

I'm loathe to update firefox, as you can't revert if you don't like it.
The gui is less and less usable with every update. Firefox changes the
format of files in directories (I think ~/.mozilla). I need to know which
ones to back up in case I need to revert.

Thanks

Joe

jmack (at) trilug (dot) org - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml