[TriLUG] expired ca-certificates in firefox

Steve Litt via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Oct 3 18:49:22 EDT 2021

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG said on Sun, 3 Oct 2021 17:37:41 +0000 (GMT)

>On Sun, 3 Oct 2021, Chris Knowles wrote:
>
>> I'm having no trouble accessing sites including trilug.  But I'm
>> fully up to date on firefox - 92.0.1 appears to be the latest.  Can
>> you verify that you're running that version (or newer, as versions
>> seem to drop all the time)
>> CJK
>
>The gui is less and less usable with every update. Firefox changes

On my Void Linux computer, the Firefox 92.0 update caused a no-sound
condition. I suspect it's because I don't have pulseaudio on my system,
but even if I run it as "apulse firefox", still no sound. For many
months Firefox has been unable to do sound in Jitsi or Zoom, at least
on my no-pulseaudio system.

Linux comes with many browsers. As a troubleshooting diagnostic test,
see whether the symptom changes when you use Chromium instead of
Firefox. As a long term solution, I suggest not using Firefox at all,
because it's just too unreliable, and like you said, getting more
unreliable every update.

SteveT

Steve Litt