[TriLUG] Fwd: WiFi AP recommendations

shay walters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Nov 10 10:29:54 EST 2021

There's nothing on the AP's data sticker or in the user manual to indicate
that it can handle anything other than 9 volts.  (I was mistaken:  The AC
adapter is 9V, not 12V.)  The instruction sheet calls it "POE" when using
the provided power injector, but doesn't mention anything about using it
with other power supplies or other voltages.  So, I'd guess not.  Although
it does seem like they would specifically warn against doing that if higher
voltage would be a problem, since they do call it "POE".   TP-Link
TL-WA801ND is the one I'm looking at.

-Shay