[TriLUG] Desktop build?

Roger W. Broseus via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Dec 4 16:30:37 EST 2021

Xubuntu is good. It use the less resource intensive XFCE interface and has
worked for me for over a decade.  I like to add the Mate system monitor. I'll
tell you whatta good job Linux does a memory management. Just for fun, I opened

    The Gimp
    Thunderbird
    Chrome
    Firefox
    Filezilla with 11 tabs open
    System Monitor
    Using 3.7 GB of RAM, zero Swap.

Closed down to one tab in FF and usage dropped to 2.8 GB!

I got more speed by building a new system <https://bronord.com/pics/pc.build/>
with an AMD Rhyzen-7 processor, nvme SSD on the mother board, faster RAM. That
was to facilitate photo editing and relive GAS (Gear Accumulation Syndrome).

  Good luck.

--
Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB at bronord.com