[TriLUG] Desktop build?

Chris Bickhaus via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Dec 4 17:26:40 EST 2021

I would look at Ubuntu Mate.  Not quite as light as XFCE, but still somewhat light (they recommend 4GB Ram and require 1 GB).  It has some other things going for it too though.  The developers spend a lot of time on look, feel, consistency, and ease of use.  It now sports its own version of the Yaru theme used by standard Ubuntu, so it looks modern, has a great welcome center that will helps with discovery and installation of popular software, etc.

https://ubuntu-mate.org/

Chris Bickhaus