[TriLUG] EZNEC IS NO LONGER FOR SALE. IT IS FREE

Jack Hill via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jan 7 11:48:02 EST 2022

Indeed, while eznec is indeed not Free, Libre, or Open, there is,
fortunately, a Free and Open Source package [0] based on the same Lawrence
Livermore National Lab numerical electromagnetics code [1] as eznec.

[0] https://www.xnec2c.org/
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numerical_Electromagnetics_Code

Now, while I'm disappointed that we no longer need to fret about fraught
licenses, I am heartened to find a better thing for us to deliberate: was
it a good idea to port the Fortran code to C? I hear Fortran is coming
back into vogue [2].

[2] https://fortran-lang.org/

Best,
Jack