[TriLUG] Updated to Ubuntu 20.04 and no wifi

Matthew Glassman via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Feb 3 14:35:42 EST 2022

So I decided to upgrade my Linux distro from 18.04 to 20.04.  Now i my wifi doesn’t exist.  It’s an Intel dual band wireless 7265.

Lspci shows the device
Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 7265 (rev 99)

lshw -C network shows

*-network UNCLAIMED
  product: Wireless 7265
  vendor: Intel Corporation
  physical id: 0
  bus info: pci at 0000:03:00.0
  version: 99
  width: 64 bits
  clock:  33MHz
  capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list
  configuration: latency=0
  resources: memory:f1000000-f1001fff

And sudo modprobe wl returns a FATAL: module not found in /lib/modules/5.4.0-1061.gke

Any suggestions on a fix or what modprobe command can get it up and running.

I didn’t find any literature saying it was incompatible.