[TriLUG] Long-range Bluetooth adapter for Linux

Nathan Yinger via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Feb 24 15:38:40 EST 2022

Does anyone know of a long-range Bluetooth adapter that works in Linux?
I'll be using it with Sony 1000XM2 headphones, and I'm looking for
something longer range than my current adapter (signal gets choppy and
music starts stuttering when I get more than 3-4 ft. away).

I tried this one (
https://www.newegg.com/p/1GK-01U5-00049?Item=9SIASSAG3M9268) because it has
an antenna, but it can't see or pair to any Bluetooth device (there are
several dozen in my building that are visible with my old Bluetooth adapter
but none show up with the new one).

~Nathan