[TriLUG] Mail configuration in RHEL ( 8th )

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Apr 11 15:54:04 EDT 2022

On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 08:24:35AM -0400, Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list wrote:

> IIRC, PHPs mail() function simply drops the mail to the system mail daemon, while PHPMailer is a full SMTP implementation, minus retries.
>
> Can you send mail from the command line?

Thank you both for the thoughts.

While sending mail using "mail" and "mailx" is successful, creating a
one-line PHP program and executing it from the command line fails.

The output of PHPInfo looks reasonable, and, as I said, sending from the
( about to be ) production machine works, while sending from the test
machine fails.

All of this suggests something in the RHEL configuration, which I have
no control over.

Brian