[TriLUG] Docker Desktop for Linux

Steve Litt via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed May 11 14:22:10 EDT 2022

Dwain Sims via TriLUG said on Wed, 11 May 2022 12:50:22 -0400

>Time for a shameless plug for Rancher Desktop, which is a drop
>in replacement for Docker Desktop.  We are at the 1.3 version release,
>and it works on Linux, Windows, and Mac(Intel and M1).  And it is 100%
>FOSS! Totally open source and free to use.  SUSE does not even have a
>SKU for the product.
>
>https://rancherdesktop.io/
>
>I was doing a bunch of demos of Rancher Desktop at Devops Days Raleigh
>last month.  We got a lot of interest and great response.  We have
>been running on Linux since the first pre-GA releases.
>SUSE is a huge user of the product internally, so it gets a lot of
>attention and resources.  And the team loves feedback and takes product
>improvement requests very seriously.
>
>If you have not tried Rancher Desktop, take a look.
>
>Thanks and sorry for the advertisement!

What's the advantage over Docker?

I've heard there's a Docker Jitsi server image. Can I use that image
with Rancher too?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2022 featured book: Making Mental Models: Advanced Edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mmm