[TriLUG] flatpack-free laptop distro

John O via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Jun 4 11:49:37 EDT 2022

Another thing to consider with SSDs is if you may ever wish to repurpose
it later to be used in enterprise gear for your home lab shenanigans. I
haven't had luck with most budget SSDs like adata or sandisk, but the
Crucial MX500 series for about $8 more than the Kingston linked earlier
will play nice with the perc controller in PowerEdge servers even though
its not a drive validated specifically for their raid controllers. That
said if you just want a decent budget SSD the 240g adata su635 is going
for $25 on amazon right now, and for knock around laptops they have
served me well.