[TriLUG] Middleware: was: have a job - Python, Django, Postgres, Flask

John Vaughters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Jul 13 11:10:33 EDT 2022

That's the way I always viewed it as well.

Presentation Layer <-> Application Layer (Middleware) <-> Storage/Data Layer

But I also see the point that it can have many meanings, but the description above is somewhat physical separation as well in the sense that those layers tend to live on separate servers, which in and of itself get's messy when we start defining servers in a virtual/container world of separation. However, I think you get the gist.

~John Vaughters

PS. Steve Litt's comments on the age usage in the job description sound correct to me, It's usually best to leave those out of the description all together and just deal with all the applicants and make your choice how you see fit based on the total situation for your company and leave out any age factors. It's impossible to determine the choice based on age, even though everyone knows this happens. So in a sense we have to live in this fantasy land of regulation where age is not a factor. Pretending was fun as a kid at least. `,~)