[TriLUG] anyone need and Edgerouter 12P?

Greg Brown via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jul 18 18:29:10 EDT 2022

Hum.... I imagine you have done all the CLI tricks including the
undocumented resets and all that?  The PoE ports used to be controlled
four to a single controller chip but I"m not sure if this is still the
case or not.  Since the device is likely to be heading back and is
kind of, sort-of dead in a way you might want to try the "spanning
tree" reset where you take a couple of crossover Ethernet cables and
after the device boots plug, say, port 1 into port 5 and port 8 into
port 10 and so on.. just make sure that the loops you form go from
chip-to-chip (and hence across the backplane).  If that doesn't work
leave everything plugged up just the way it is and pull power from the
back and then power it back up with the cables in place.

That's a long shot but I've seen something similar work in the past.
That or you're going to watch it give up the smoky ghost.

If you try it please let me know if it works. I am curious.

Greg