[TriLUG] Big Problem with Firefox after Upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04

Scott Chilcote via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Aug 14 00:11:50 EDT 2022

   Hi Derek,

   I tried that, but it caused the snap executable of Firefox to stop
   running.  It reported that there was another instance of firefox
   running and quit.  There wasn't another instance though, and I had
   already removed the lock file and .parentLock file from the profile
   directory.

   Part of the problem appears to be that the snap uses a different
   directory path under $HOME for its profile directory than the binary
   release.

   I have temporarily addressed the problem by adding the ppa repository
   and getting the binary release of firefox from there.  I would really
   like to know how to get the snap operational though, it's a chore to
   have to keep bypassing the firefox snap issues in Ubuntu releases.

   Thanks,   Scott