[TriLUG] Big Problem with Firefox after Upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04

Scott Chilcote via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Aug 13 23:55:04 EDT 2022

   Ha! I just got done implementing the fix to revert to installing the
   binary release. Firefox instantly returned to normal.
   I think that the problem was caused by having $HOME/.mozilla as a
   softlink. Perhaps it caused the upgrade to glitch.
   I had taken it off my $HOME partition because space was getting
   limited. I no longer have that problem, so I restored the .mozilla
   directory this evening.
   I'm still confounded by the fact that the snap is so broken. Maybe most
   users just wipe their existing config and start over? That would mean a
   couple of hours work to put everything back for me.
   I'm not dead set against using snaps but I thought they were supposed
   to be transparent replacements...
   Thanks much, Scott C.