[TriLUG] reason not to mix batteries in UPS

Christopher Baldwin via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jan 9 10:31:22 EST 2023

If you want more things to learn, and potentially a bad idea - I have a APC
Back-UPS RS 1500, with reasonably fresh batteries, that won’t charge. Most
likely a bad capacitor, but I don’t have the skills (or time) to fix it.
Different battery chemistry, some soldering, and maybe lots of magic smoke
- free to a good home :P

-Chris