[Linux-ham] Making a call

Wijaya wijaya_mail at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 22:59:51 EDT 2004

Hi there,
I've just trying to setting up hamradio with Kantronics KPC-9612+ (TNC) on
Linux. But it seems not work correctly.
I was configure and load ax25/kiss driver kernel modules as required.
I was configure axport, ax25d.conf, ax25ipd.conf.
TNC was configure on KISS mode.
Before I setting up TNC to KISS mode, I was trying to connect each other
use newuser/host mode from minicom. It working properly.
What I don't understand is, each time I trying to make a call :

# call axip RE4SLO

Seems no one of TNC I've use to test no "Xmit /Rcv" and "Con / Sta" LED is
lighting ON. Even, from the computer where I try to send it.
It seems no call instruction send to TNC. So what should I do ?
I was checking serial port many times if I've use wrong serial ports. But
nothing wrong about serial ports.
Anyone here could give me an example from config to making a call to this
TNC.
Wishing any kind help from all of you.
Regards,

Wijaya