[TriLUG-announce] Meeting: September 13 - Movie Night! Revolution OS

Aaron Schrab aaron at schrab.com
Mon Sep 10 16:46:46 EDT 2018

Topic: Movie Night! Revolution OS
Presenter: The trilug officers
When: Thursday, 13 Sept 2018 - 6:45pm to 9:00pm
Where: NCSU College of Textiles, 1020 Main Campus Dr., Room 2207
(https://trilug.org/meetings/)
Parking: Underground parking deck immediately adjacent to the building (see map)
Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1UrgaJS-tvi3X26JL_sed9V9cgoA

It seems we have an appointment with a hurricane in the end of this week.
How about if we make this month's meeting a movie night? Come join us
and commemorate the hurricane watching a classic documentary about
open source, "Revolution OS."

If there is time afterwards and the wind does not blow us to OZ, we
will follow with a open discussion about open source.

Summary
Revolution OS is a 2001 documentary film that traces the twenty-year
history of GNU, Linux, open source, and the free software movement
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_OS). It features interviews of
some heavyweights in the Open Source community like Richard Stallman,
Michael Tiemann, and Linus Torvalds. No Macintosh Computers were harmed
during the production of this movie.