[TriLUG] different versions of 7.2 for sale]

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Nov 3 23:07:56 EST 2001

First, I just installed a new box yesterday with RH7.2.  REALLY NICE!
The installer has been greatly improved over previous releases - So Kudos
to RedHat and the folks who keep making it better!

Second, an item I've always wanted to see in the installer is example
layouts of disk space for various typical uses.

When I was a newbie, I had to play with my distro's alot before I got the
feel for the right balance of drive space for each volume.  Typical of most
newbies I just wanted to make everything one large partition.

I think it would be really cool to have some example configs to look at
while doing an install, say:
  File Server with user home directories
  Internal Application Server
  External Internet Server (for Mail, DNS, Web)
  Workstation
  Playstation

Plus it would be nice to explain why its so nice to have a seperate /home
volume (that's left alone during an upgrade or re-install.

Again, thanks for the hard work.  Your hard work, always makes me look good
at work!

Jon