[TriLUG] syncmail @ sourceforge

Nathan Conrad conrad at cs.unc.edu
Thu Jan 10 14:59:53 EST 2002

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 01:18:28PM -0500, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> Any idea why people with toy operating systems (windoze) don't cause
> commit logs to post to the list.  We have 2 linux commiters (including
> me) and essentially 2 windows developers.  The linux geeks cause stuff
> to be mailed to the list and the windows folks do not.  yet I've no idea
> why.  I'm not sure if its a configuration issue, a cygwin issue or what?

I've run into a problem like this with CVS (I don't know anything
about syncmail). Are they using cygwin? It does not come with a MTU
(Mail Transfer Agent). One must manualy install the MTU, usually
/usr/local/bin/mail. There is a perl script that I use for this. I
don't have it with me, but could post it if this would help. Either
that or install sendmail. I think.

> While my quick thinking solution was that they should of course use
> Linux, we do need people to test on Windoze for Cocoon requirements.

Sounds good.

-Nathan