[TriLUG] February Meeting

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Mon Jan 28 17:18:36 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 16:58, al johson wrote:
> Naw, I'm assuming, of course, that most of the Trilug guys are much more
> intelligent than Fred Flintstone--but that assumption might definitely be
> subject to challenge :-)

The problem isn't that we're smarter than fred - it's that she's smarter
than us. Never forget that fact *grin*.

>    One thing that IS definitely driving me nuts is the fact that Trilug
> always seems to think that there is always a "better" meeting somewhere else
> than the one that has been  scheduled!! This would be OK if the "new

The Robin Miller is a TriLUG sponsored event. it's jointly sponsored
with NC*SA, and we're both out of Dreyfus for this one.

> speaker" were to appear at Dreyfus Auditorium and we didn't have to drive to
> some place in Durham which we've never been before!! Frankly, I'm not too
> crazy about driving around unknown places in Durham in the dark, which has
> the dangerous possibility of becoming lost in a bad neighborhood you
> shouldn't be in!!

We've got a better map than for the Eben talk, and it's in the same
place. Hey, if Dreyfus had a bigger capacity, we wouldn't move it. But
NCSSM gives us more space to have more people - I expect that Robin is a
bigger draw than Eben. (Nothing against Eben, mind you)

>     How many weeks has RPM been postponed now??  2, 3, 4 or 5?? I've lost
> count.

Twice. once because the speaker had to reschedule - not something I can
control! - and once because we have the opportunity to get a really good
speaker.

Look, I'd prefer that any other comments about this be sent to the SC
(steering at trilug.org) or me directly (chair at trilug.org) - we're the ones
who, after looking over these threads, made the decision to move the
meeting.

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9