[TriLUG] Time slows post kernel update

Kevin Hunter khunter at rhoworld.com
Fri Feb 22 14:23:13 EST 2002

Ok, no response on the first post...

It turns out it has nothing to do w/ the version of the kernel I'm
running.  It has to adjust about 6.5 seconds every day.  I'm using
ntpdate once a day ( via /etc/cron.daily/ ).  I'm synch'ing w/ a time
server I've set up here that I have several other systems using as
well, but this is the only system w/ such a large offset ( but it has
been consistent ).

Is this something I should just not worry about?  The time does not
have to be exact on this system, but I'm concerned this could be
hinting of a bigger problem.

Opinions??

Thx in advance!

KH