[TriLUG] Short Term Consultant Needed

Paul D. Boyle boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Wed Mar 20 18:28:55 EST 2002

Hi All,

A faculty member here who runs IRIX and some Linux boxes has had his
system cracked (an IRIX box).  NCSU network services has blocked the
network connection on the box until it gets cleaned up and secured.
This is causing considerable problems for the faculty member and his
research group.  I was asked to put in a firewall, but my work load in my
own job as a crystallographer is preventing me from following through on
the project.  This faculty member needs someone to set up a firewall (a
Linux box), and clean and secure the IRIX box.  In addition, his IRIX and
Linux boxes will probably require some securing and configuration tweaks.

This would be a short term assignment in the NCSU Department of Chemistry
and could be performed part time and/or in off hours.  I apologize if
this work requirement sounds vague.  I have only been peripherally
involved and this is my first time asking for a consultant.  If you
are interested please respond to me (boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu) with a
summary of your relevant experience and pay rate requirements.  Thanks.

Paul
Paul D. Boyle			    |	boyle at laue.chem.ncsu.edu
Director, X-ray Structural Facility |	phone: (919) 515-7362
Department of Chemistry - Box 8204  |	FAX:   (919) 515-5079
North Carolina State University     |
Raleigh, NC, 27695-8204
http://laue.chem.ncsu.edu/web/xray.welcome.html