[TriLUG] OT: hardware question & OpenBSD

John Matthews jvmatthe at math.duke.edu
Tue Mar 26 10:09:46 EST 2002

[snip-o-rama: stuff about OpenBSD and package management]

Thanks, Mike and Chris. I understand a bit more now and am somewhat
intrigued by OpenBSD...

To bring this back to Linux, have you looked at the tool "emerge" that's
part of Gentoo? Gentoo is supposed to be Linux with a ports system, so
I'd think that emerge could be adapted to OpenBSD. Then again, it is
most likely GPL, so perhaps that's a bad idea.

Meanwhile, just wanted to say that this kind of discussion is precisely
what I like about this list. :^) So informative.

Regards,
matt

--
Matt Matthews     \ ph: 919.660.2811        \ Use GNU/Linux  _o) w00t
Duke Univ., Postdoc\ jvmatthe at math.duke.edu  \____________   /\\