[TriLUG] Linux and RoadRunner ( was Linux and ATT)

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Fri Apr 5 11:17:37 EST 2002

On Friday 05 April 2002 10:51 am, you wrote:
> RoadRunner went south briefly on Tuesday, so I called Time Warner tech
> support to ask about network problems.  The second question the support
> person asked was "Which operating system are you running?"  When I said
> Linux, the support person replied, "We don't support Linux."

Imagine their surprise when I tell them "OpenBSD".

The tech support guys there are underpaid and underqualified.  I've found it
easiest to just have an el-cheapo Windoze box around to plug in when
reporting connectivity problems so I can give them the answers that they can
understand and need to hear in order to be sure the problem is not in my
house but rather somewhere in their own infrastructure.  I have one around
anyway for my wife so it's no biggy.

--

Chris Hedemark
Yonder Way