[TriLUG] OT: More on the RR Network issue

Reginald Reed reginald at cisco.com
Thu Apr 11 12:50:11 EDT 2002

Did you look at the cable modem diagnostic web server yet as someone
suggested earlier?  Other than the logs, a very key thing to look at is
the signal strength.  I don't know what is good, but if you can check it
out when you aren't having problems and compare it to when you are, you
might get a clue as to what the issue may be.

As a side note, my cable modem runs fine, but my two digital cable boxes
can't do PPV.  Its been administratively (supposedly) turned on by TWC,
but I don't think there is enough signal strength to send commands.  For
those with digital cable, turn to channel 999 for diag info.  Its pretty
cool, you can see the IP address of the box and notice that its using
DAVIC instead of DOCSIS for IP traffic.

--Reggie