[TriLUG] OT: More on the RR Network issue

Chris Merrill cmerrill at nc.rr.com
Thu Apr 11 13:01:20 EDT 2002

Reginald Reed wrote:
> As a side note, my cable modem runs fine, but my two digital cable boxes
> can't do PPV.  Its been administratively (supposedly) turned on by TWC,
> but I don't think there is enough signal strength to send commands.  For

FWIW, I had the same problem last year - no PPV but RR was ok.
They replaced the cable from the box to my house (all cable in
the house is relatively new) and it fixed the problem.

Last week I had another problem - all the digital channels
were out. RR was fine.  They _were_ able to send commands
to the box remotely (e.g. to reset the box).  They sent out
a tech who found some damage to the line and spliced it.
This fixed the problem...I think they intend to replace the
line again - she said the splice was only temporary.

Chris Merrill
cmerrill at nc.rr.com