[TriLUG] Re: [TriLUG] Concerns about public mail archives (was: The Samba Question you posted about printing)

Peter Long petelong at petelong.com
Tue Apr 30 01:11:21 EDT 2002

> We do have the options of making the archives private... and I'll be
> happy to do that if this trick doesn't work... but part of the mission
> of TriLUG is to make using Linux (and open source) easier for all
> folks.  Having a publicly available archive helps fill that need.
>
> If anybody else feels strongly the other way (making the archives
> private) let me know.
>
> Jon

I think it is ok to leave the archives public. They are a great resource
after all.

Also, thanks to those of you that pointed out that it is my own fault if I
put my email address in my signiture.:-) However as can be seen from
http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/Week-of-Mon-20011217.txt, it seems
that the 'In-Reply-To:' field is the one that retains a copy of your email
address. By the way, that link came up as the first result on a google
search for 'petelong(at)petelong.com'.

--
Peter Long