[TriLUG] Re: Lilo question

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Fri May 3 07:52:08 EDT 2002

eOn Thu, 2002-05-02 at 20:46, John Warf wrote:
> I am sort of in the same predicament.  I redid my laptop last weekend to boot
> RedHat 7.2.  Well I didn't think I would need windows but it turns out I do.
> I installed it this morning without seeing the question the other guy had.  I
> took Kevins advice sort of and did an upgrade installation.  I had to install
> at least 1 kernel device for it to even touch the boot loader.  I installed a
> small kernel piece and then I had my grub back.  My problem is that Windows is
> not showing up in the list of items.  So my question is how to make it show up
> in the list of installations.

Add this to your grub.conf :

title Windows
        rootnoverify (hd0,0)
        chainloader +1

Where hd0,0 is set to your windows drive. if it's the first partition on
the first drive, "hd0,0" should do the trick for you no problem!
--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9

"I will rule you all with an Iron Fist! You! Obey the fist!" - Zim