[TriLUG] Dynamic IP (was: Static IP)

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Fri May 3 12:18:55 EDT 2002

James wrote:
>and an m4 to regen the cf, sanity checks on /etc/hosts and that's all
>the hassle it's ever been *shrug* - I don't get what the big deal is
>- ddclient updates very quickly for any updates (and you can do the
>dhcpcd/pump-based updates if you really want "zero" switchover time)
>and I think my last IP change was like 40 or 50 days ago anyway *shrug*

Right now I don't understand what you've shared, but I'll keep it as
reference for next week :)

Even though I technically have a dynamic IP, that should not prohibit me
from testing stuff - ie. people outside getting to my server - as long as I
know the correct way for them to get to it? right? For example, my husband
wants to access newsgroups from work which are limited through his
connection. If I set something up for news services, he could reach my server?

Lisa B.