[TriLUG] Hopefully not so easy...

Michael Alan Dorman mdorman at debian.org
Sat May 4 14:33:35 EDT 2002

Jon Carnes <jonc at nc.rr.com> writes:
> Although I will probably use Sendmail till the day I die, I think
> you should really look at Postfix.  It's structure is extremely well
> thought out, so that it is extremely secure, and highly efficient.
> Also postfix is Sendmail compliant - so all the things you've
> learned to do with Sendmail you can do with Postfix.

Unlike qmail, where djb regards sendmail compatability as a bug. :-)

I run several hosts with postfix, including two installations that
have multiple hosts running a spamassassin-daemon over every mail
feeding cyrus IMAP servers using LMTP with SASL-authentication, also
running mailman and RT on virtual hosts, and can't say enough nice things.

My main postfix configuration file is about 15 lines when you remove
the comments and whitespace, with three or four supplemental files
(passwords, virtual host patterns, local destinations, etc) that are
each just a handful of lines each.

Mike.