(rr mailserver redux) Re: [TriLUG] Newbie meeting - Saturday

Jonathan Rippy jonathan.rippy at interpath.net
Wed Jun 12 16:13:48 EDT 2002

> I have debated over whether or not to run OpenNMS against my local
> gateway, the smtp server, dns, etc. to be able to provide RR with
> availability reports down to three decimal places but one problem at a
> time. ;-)

I used to have a roomate who would call and complain to the phone company,
the power company, the cable company, etc whenever service was down.  He
demanded his next bill reflect the pro-rated cost for lost service.  He's
not my roommate anymore but I bet he'd do the same thing if his network
connectivity was down.  I wonder if they, too, would pro-rate?

... Just thinking (and typing) out loud ...

--
jonathan rippy