[TriLUG] RR and pre-meeting subjects :

Chris Knowles knowlesc at telocity.com
Fri Jun 14 10:24:13 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 09:18, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> My point is that I don't really care.  I'm PAYING for it anyhow.
> Whether or not they state that.

No.

You are paying for what you agreed to in your Service Agreement.  That's
all.  That's what you agreed to when you purchased the service.

http://help.twcable.com/html/twc_sub_agreement.html

Basically unless the whole thing goes down for 24 hours, you don't get
diddly.  Which is actually better than some of the others out there.
Telocity (DirectTV) doesn't care if you're down.

Usually you have to go to business class before specific services and
real recourse gets written into the service agreement.

(I was startled that RR had added that 24 hour downtime... it wasn't
there when I joined...  Good thing too. (For them.  Was down for a solid
week, being very unpleasant to the techs...))

Basically it sucks.  It's hard to be a "entertainment level" (One of the
more charming euphemisms in RR's docs) user if things aren't working,
because you agreed that you get the shaft.

Wishing your service was working as well as you wanted it to...

CJK