[TriLUG] Theo is a not nice person

John Franklin franklin at elfie.org
Tue Jul 2 12:37:08 EDT 2002

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 08:23:24AM -0400, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> Man, I'm feeling jealous.   I'd love to have a few mail lists devoted
> to what a ******* I am!  That would be kinda cool.

Doesn't take much!  :)  Get really pissy on the TriLUG list, abuse and
alienate the SC and most of the membership, then start your own LUG.
Hey, why not play it up a bit!  Make yourself some ceremonial robes and
put a bunch of lego-guys in circle around your desk bowing before your
obvious magnificence!

Or you could laugh at this and stay the stable bloke you are.

> He also has some great quotes:
>
> http://www.waider.ie/misc/quotes.txt
>
> "Since I am project leader, I must not be permitted to go insane."

I swear, if he ever gets into politics...

> Wow that netBSD group seems pretty dysfunctional:
> http://www.theos.com/deraadt/coremail

We're actually a pretty happy group.  More so without Theo.  Theo isn't
happy, but he has his own group now.

> I thought apache was political!

I remember when the split was happening.  "I've seen mailing lists on
fire off the shoulder of Orion."  I was disappointed to see someone walk
away from the project to start his own splinter project.  At the time, I
didn't think the world needed another BSD group, but the on going flame
war had to stop.

I will admit, though, that since then the OpenBSD group has done quite
a bit to make BSD more secure (many of their patches are mirrored into
Net and Free) and to raise the awareness of BSD in general.

jf
--
John Franklin
franklin at elfie.org