[TriLUG] RR Setup

Lisa Lorenzin lorenzin at 1000plus.com
Sat Jul 20 13:59:54 EDT 2002

> This was a DHCP problem on RR's side, possibly.  Thursday AM we put in
> (get ready to cheer, folks) some brand new name servers!!!

woohoo!!! *applauds happily*

> Yes, folks, with any luck, your name server problems in the
> Raleigh/Durham/Fayetteville area are resolved. *knocking on wood*

*groan*  was that pun intentional?

> Basically, we told corporate that our problems were bad enough that we
> didn't care what they thought, and we had to do something.  Trust me,
> your concerns were heard.  I brought them up myself to our regional VP
> recently, and he asked what we needed.  One week later, we had it.
> Everybody cheer.

hip, hip, hooray!!!  as a RR user, i appreciate your advocacy on our
behalf... :)  and RR's willingness to respond once you finally got the
attention of the right people, too.

> Anyway, that's the report from the front.  Naturally, if any of you have
> questions, or can't get help from front line support, and can't get your
> issue escalated, drop me a line.  I'm happy to help so long as I'm not
> getting bombarded.  My real work takes priority, of course, but I'm
> happy to help out friends in a spare moment.

we should have a trilug happy hour after one of our meetings - so all the
RR users have a chance to buy ben a beer (or the beverage of your choice).
:)  what do you think, folks?  are there enough of us on here that we
could come up with a case?

							lisa

--
lisa lorenzin  |  lorenzin at 1000plus.com  |  http://www.1000plus.com/lisa/
of what avail is an open eye if the heart is blind? - solomon ibn gavirol