[TriLUG] AGP card suggestion please

Timothy A. Chagnon tchagnon at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 2 20:24:05 EST 2003

Greg:
I've got an NV Ge4/Ti4200 and running RH8.  Though I don't use it as
much as I'd like, I am very happy with it.  Just a bit of Return to
Castle Wolfenstein and OpenGL tinkering.  Unfortunately it seems like
neither ATI or NV are going to go open anytime soon, but I use their
drivers and they seem to work well.  If you do get an NV card, though,
don't bother with the binary drivers or rpms.  They never end up being
for the current kernel.  I always just get the latest tarball and do a
make;make install on that every time i update my kernel.  It takes an
extra reboot but it seems to be the easiest way to do it.  --Tim

--Timothy A. Chagnon <tchagnon at nc.rr.com>