[TriLUG] Wireless Access Point recommendations?

B. Evans bpevans at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 22 11:54:45 EST 2003

I'm looking to buy a wireless card & AP for my home network.  Since I
already have a router and have read that wireless routers are typically
slower than wired routers I'd like to stick with a WAP w/o routing built-in.

Who makes a good & inexpensive WAP?  I like the Cisco/Aironet 350 that
I've setup in the past but that won't qualify as inexpensive.

I saw an Orinco AP on sale somewhere for about $110?  What would the
group recommend?  I think I'd like to go 802.11b, the 802.11g
performance doesn't sound really neccessary for me.  802.11a would be
nice but 11b deployments are more common for me to use a 11b card other
places like work.

-BP