[TriLUG] FTP Server recommendation....

prhodes at vdsinc.com prhodes at vdsinc.com
Tue May 13 22:21:25 EDT 2003

Hey guys 'n gals, can anybody help me out by recommending an FTP server
program
that meets the following requirements:

1. open source / free software

2. runs on linux (but win32 support would be a bonus.. don't ask why. )

and finally (this is the big one)

3. can automatically kick off another program / script after a file upload
completes.

Let me explain that last one... this would be used for one very specific
purpose.. a set
of files to be delivered to our site, via ftp, on a regular basis.. .and I
need to be able to
automatically move / rename / validate / etc. the file as soon as it's
uploaded.  Ideally
by having the server notify another program or something of that nature.

Thanks,

Phillip Rhodes
Application Designer
Voice Data Solutions
919-571-4300 x225
prhodes at vdsinc.com

Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little order,
will
lose both and deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it.

Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can
exercise
their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary
right to overthrow it.  - Abraham Lincoln

No citizen shall be denied the right to bear arms, if as a last resort, to
protect themselves from tyranny in Government. - Thomas Jefferson