[TriLUG] linux apps on desktop that support *.mdb, *.vsd, *.dwg and *.mpp

Robert Floyd r.floyd3 at verizon.net
Wed May 14 11:00:49 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 07:43, John Beimler wrote:
> I got a three paragraph memo emailed to me as a word attachement
> yesterday, the file was over 1M in size.
>
> Think before you attach.

One thing you might want to point out to people who like to send memos
as attachments (something our customers love to do, for some reason): if
the memo is sent as the body of the email, one can use the search tools
of the email client to search it later, thus allowing a better use of
the email client as a personal document repository. An attachment, on
the other hand, cannot be searched. It also consumes space on the mail
server and/or the client workstation.

>From a purely business perspective, text attachments are A Bad Thing.

My shekel,
Robert