[TriLUG] Pimpin' Gentoo

Lee Fickenscher elfick at trilug.org
Sun May 18 10:29:44 EDT 2003

In an effort to bring a little more Linuxness to the list I'd like to
point out a LinuxWorld review on my favorite distro (no flame wars
please, I said my favorite distro, not the best distro) Gentoo:

http://www.linuxworld.com/2003/0516.petreley.html

This appeared on /. so /.ers may have already read it.

-Lee

P.S.- The final paragraph mentions 3 days to a week. I can install in
less than a day and a half on an Athlon 1400, but I don't use KDE or
GNOME, which are the two longest installs. (OpenOffice.org ranks up
there too, but I use the precompiled binaries for that)
--
Microsoft: for whom the bell tolls...