[TriLUG] Nifty procmail trick for today

Mark Shuford davemarcus at pobox.com
Sun May 18 23:21:24 EDT 2003

On Sun, 18 May 2003 18:57:16 -0700 (PDT)
Turnpike Man <turnpike420 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I haven't learned it yet, but I believe SA has Hayes learning system which
> could learn from your SPAM and HAM to make filtering even better.  Check our
> archives, the discussions were fairly recent... last 1-2 months I think?  Sorry

Would that be Bayes rather than Hayes. I've been using Spam Bayes, rather than Spam Assassin, for the last couple/three months.  It is purely Bayesian, as opposed (as I understand it) to Spam Assassin, which uses a bunch of different things, internal and external.

I wasn't really happy with the idea of keeping up with SPAMsource lists, either dynamical/real-time or with periodically gathered static list. I also didn't really dig the idea of having to consume more bandwidth to do all the dynamic things, such a checking black hole lists and relay-host list, yada yada.

I've been happy with Spam Bayes. Having not use Spam Assassin I do not know if it would be even more happy-making.

Has anyone out there use both packages? Any comments on how they compare?

--
Mark Shuford

Now I know what a statesman is; he's a dead politician. We need more statesmen.
					--Bob Edwards

Visit me at: http://www.krazeemark.com